I am so giddy with my shopping picks this year for the girls! We aren't a big toy family and the girls rarely get gifts outside of their birthday and Christmas. I found some of the cutest presents this year that I can't wait to surprise them with! Here are some of my favorites!
1. iPod Nano- if you have followed my Insta Stories you are familiar with Peyton's epic dance shows we get each night. I am so excited to load up all her favorite tunes for her to rock out with.
2. Polaroid Instax Mini - Capri went to her dance competition team party a couple months back and I really wanted her to be able to take pictures of her and her friends since mommy's weren't allowed. This is the perfect camera for her for next time!
3. Mind Blowing Science kit- I love interactive, activity gifts. This kit has tons of cool learning projects. Perfect for school age boys and girls who have everything.
4. Mancala- BEST board game ever!
5. Luminous Skateboard- a skateboard that lights up! I mean.....no more discussion!
6. Teepee- perfect for the little ones to snuggle in with their books and toys. My girls still love having slumber parties their big teepee at nana's house! So cozy!
8. Lemonade cart- The girls LOVE selling lemonade and other odds and ends in the summer. This cart makes their little entrepreneur endeavors all the more official.
9. LIFE board game- this has quickly become one of our family's favorite game night picks.
10. Kids Kayak- This gift makes me so excited! This will be Capri's big Santa gift. We visit Balboa Island often and each time we visit she befriends any kids that have one of these kayaks. Eventually she hijacks it completely. Now she has her own to adventure with!
We have made a fun tradition of surprising the girls iwht their Christmas pajamas each year. In years past we add in a fun holiday movie also for a family night. We have had cookies and popcorn with The Polar Express. Hot cocoa and sweet treats paired perfectly last year with Elf. This year I had a hard time finding an age appropriate movie, so I opted for some new books! Some of our all time favorites are "What to do with an idea" by Kobi Yamada, "Lily the Unicorn" by Dallas Clayton and "Girl Power short stories" by various authors.
We are gearing up like crazy for Christmas in our house and I had so much fun setting up for our annual Christmas movie night! I love giving the girls their Christmas pjs and slippers and we cozy in by the fire for a family movie night to kick off the season. We've done Polar Express before ( see our fun here) and this year we chose the movie Elf so I thought it would be fun to decorate with all things Elf inspired. Hot cocoa and candy galore! I found the cutest Elf quote mugs and wrapped up their glittery slippers and pjs with bright red ribbons. I adore this tradition!